Article written by Enrich Retreat Day Spa
While many people cannot afford a trip to a traditional spa, day spas represent a much more affordable opportunity for self improvement usually in the convenience of your own home town. These provide a wide range of services benefits to their clients. Here are 7 reasons you need to visit a day spa.
1. Get Rid of Stress. This has to be one of the most important reasons for people to go to a day spa. In fact spas have become almost synonymous with relaxation. Most day spas offer a variety of full body and foot massages that are soothing that they will always seem too short. Many day spas also have jacuzzis and other equipment designed to help you relax. Others offer meditation and yoga classes to help calm the mind and the body. Some of the most advanced might even have light and sound devices which automatically entrain your brain to a very deep level of relaxation, even if you have no experience with meditation.
2. Relieve Pain. Many people suffer from chronic back pain or other aches throughout their body. A full body massage can go a long way towards relieving these. Often a day spa will also have a professional chiropractor on staff who can make the relevant adjustments to get one feeling as good as new. Some day spas also have specialists in acupuncture that can clear imbalances in the energy meridians that might be causing discomfort.
3. Lose Weight. Most day spas will have professional nutritionists on hand to help you plan out a new, more healthy lifestyle. You will can also learn new exercise routines to help you shed pounds. Perhaps most importantly, most day spas have a variety of treatments available to help detoxify your body. The body tends to hold a lot of toxins in adipose tissue, so by helping to flush the toxins out of your body, it will be easier to burn fat tissue through the course of your normal weight loss routine.
4. Get Rid of Wrinkles. Modern medicine has provided many different techniques which are useful in eliminating wrinkles. Many day spas offer high technology laser skin resurfacing equipment which have been proven in clinical trials to reduce wrinkles without surgery. Often, one can receive Botox or Restylane injections to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, or collagen injections to firm up the face. The experts on hand can also offer great advice on over the counter products that you can take as part of your daily regimen to keep that youthful appearance as long as possible.
5. Better Looking Skin. This is probably one of the most common reasons for going to a day spa. Many people have problems with large pores, redness, unsightly spots, or acne and would like healthy, smooth skin. Day spas are famous for their facials and chemical peels that make the skin appear more unblemished. There are even laser and advanced pulsed light treatments available now to help get rid of scaring, stretch marks, and even some tattoos.
6. Hair Removal. Not everyone wants to put up with the periodic hassle of shaving. Luckily you can find more permanent solutions at your nearest day spa. Most will offer waxing services to remove unwanted hair. Others will have available the latest lasers and pulsed light devices which can be a less painful and more permanent solution to hair removal.
7. Comprehensive Beauty Services. For most women, this part of a visit to a day spa is a must. Day spas offer hair styling, manicures, pedicures, and full makeovers. These services can be the perfect services to highlight the more radiant skin that one might have received from a facial during the same visit. If you have an important event that you need to look absolutely your best at, scheduling a visit to a day spa in the days before would be a great idea.
Day spas offer all sorts of services to improve your appearance, health, and frame of mind. Going to a day spa is one of the best gifts that you could give yourself to improve your self confidence and just take a break from the stresses of life.